Soy. It everywhere. Its in every product whether it be a filler or a product. There are tons of claims of this food being healthy for you, particularly for women going through menopause. Where does this claim come from? Well, its not the health world.
Soy is a toxic plant. Its even on the FDAs list of toxic plants. RAW soy is POISON. For soy to be consumable it needs to be fermented or cooked.
Here is what makes soy a NONhealth food
- Soy has antinutrients. The large quantity of enzyme inhibitors found in this substance stop the digestion and absorption of your food. Long term ingesting of soy will lead to problems in the digestive system and nutrient uptake which will cause many problem through out the body. With the impairment of enzymes there will a continuous strain on the pancreas cause problems within this organ.
- Soy contains hemagglutinin, a substance that causes your red blood cells to clump together and inhibits oxygen uptake.
- Phytates that are found in soy prevent absorption of minerals such as calcium, iron, zinc, and magnesium. Many women I deal with are consuming soy for hormones but take calcium because their bones are depleting!
- Goitogens are also found in soy which suppress thyroid function.
- Soy contains phytoestrogens genistein and daidzein, which mimic estrogen in the body. According to Dr. Mercola if a woman drinks 2 servings of soy milk per day, it can completely alter her menstrual cycle after 1 month.
- Soy is processed through aluminum
Soy has incredibly high levels of manganese. Many babies are now fed soy formula with high levels of estrogen mimicking hormones and toxicly high levels of manganese it is a wonder there are so many development issues with our children. Please be careful on what you feed your baby if you are not breast feeding!
There are products that come from soy that ARE safe and healthy, and these are products that have been fermented. Tempeh, miso, shoyu, and natto are all forms of fermented soy. Fermented soy products have great levels of vitamin K-2, a nutrient that is amazing for your heart and your bone building capabilities.
I highly urge you to check out this website. It has amazing information on soy. http://hiddensoy.com/soy-health-risks.php