We often hear of people telling us how we attract what we put out, and if “we put it out there, we shall receive it”, but how many of us actually listen to this and put it into action? Maybe we do for a few days, but then we let negativity take control and regress.
In order to be a strong individual, who accomplishes what they are set out to do, you can not simply just wish something to appear, or hope for the best. We do not live in a fairy tale land, wishes do not just happen. It is up to you to go out there and make it happen.
When you are in a negative mood, you attract thoughts of a similar nature, through the law of infinity. That is why it is so important to form thoughts of a success nature, to attract similar ones. It is a FACT that there are thought currents, and those currents attract thoughts of a similar nature. If you think negative, your life shall be negative. If you are determined to succeed, you will, simply because your thoughts are those of succeeding and those only.
I often hear people saying how “he has a lot of will power” when an individual accomplishes something that seemed to be extra difficult. There is no monopoly of will power. One person does not have more than the other. That person simply had the determination and used his will power. We all have the same amount, but it is up to the individual as to how much they choose to use it.
The mind is incredibly powerful. People tend to underestimate its capabilities. I have seen people think themselves into sickness, constantly either thinking they are sick or will get sick, and end up sick. I have seen people who have been told they have a disease, and within a week give themselves up to it, simply because they knew about it. Our minds have the power to produce physical manifestations, and it is only your decision what manifestations take place in your life.
The world is a negative place. There are negative things happening every day, and it is easy to get trapped into that. It is a vicious cycle. You must use your will power to keep only positive thoughts and determination. Your mind set should always be, “I will find the way or make one”. My whole life i have lived by this, and it has yet to fail me. When you decide you want to do something, set your mind to it and begin to accomplish it. There WILL be road blocks along the way. But when you are determined to get around them, you can continue with what you set out to do. If you were driving to a friends house and the road was blocked off, would you simply just turn around and go home? No, you would find an alternate route to reach the destination. That is how life works. You must use your own determination to overcome.
I know many of you start off thinking this way, for there are very few of us that start off negative, but after a period of time we allow our negative thoughts to consume us, and they prohibit us from accomplishing what we have set out to do. This shows weakness in the mind. A thought should not have control over you, but you should have control over your thoughts. It is you who forms them, and you who lets them get out of control. The next time a negative thought enters your mind, simply realize that you have control over that thought and can remove it from your mind, and replace it with a good one.
Here are some exercises that i do when i have a goal to reach. These have yet to fail me, and i know they will work for you too.
1. Make a List
- buy a notebook that is your goal book. Write your main goal on the first page. Underneath it write smaller goals you must reach first in order to make the main goal come true. For example, it could be something like buying a new car. So underneath “Buy Corvette” you would write each step you would need to take to achieve it. things such as “Get Job that pays at least $25/hr, pay off credit card debt, sell current car” may all be things listed underneath it. It is a lot easier to look at a list of things you must do to reach your goal, so you can slowly check them off and see progression. It is no longer jumbled in your brain, but organized out onto paper. If you have many goals, write them each on a separate sheet of paper.
- Every day do one thing that will get you closer to accomplishing one of your goals. At the end of the night write the date and what you did to get one step closer. You will see your progression out on paper and you will be able to see you are indeed moving closer to your goal, even when it may seem you are staying stagnant.
2. Daily “To-Do” List
- Everyday make a list of things you want to accomplish that day. Do not go to bed that night until you have completed everything on that list. This may be a lot more challenging than you think. We all know our days never really go as planned, and things may come up, but those who are determined to complete that list will find a way to do so. The more frequently you do this the more your will to do will become stronger, and you will be a stronger person because of it.
3. Increase your concentration
- Concentrate on the task you are executing, and only that task. If you are working, think only of work and nothing else. You will see that your day will be much more efficient and you will get a lot more accomplished this way. Many people say how they struggle with sleep. Well, when you are thinking about work when you are trying to sleep, you obviously will not sleep. When you are sleeping think about sleeping. Concentrate only on that. There is no excuse of “ADD” here. This label is simply used as an excuse for someone that does not have control over their concentration because they have not practiced it. How many of us pull up the web browser, but when waiting for the site to load, pull up a new tab while waiting for the other to load? This is a lack of concentration, and not being able to only concentrate on what we were set out to do. For those of us that do this, try to not. You will see how much control you will gain over your thoughts, and how much more you will accomplish when you are giving something 100% of your attention instead of 80%.
4. DO NOT SEE HOW LITTLE YOU CAN DO, BUT HOW MUCH YOU CAN DO.
- Many of us tend to do as little as possible, or just enough to keep us comfortable. Do not be this way. Set out to do as much as you can, and you will get much further.
There are a few more that i could list, but start with these. Simplify your thoughts to what you are doing, and know you have control over them. What you put out WILL manifest, but not if you just sit there. You must take action and responsibility. Those who do will move forward, and those who do not will fall behind.